Arizona Wildcats Sports: Bear Down…and Blogby Christopher C. Wuensch on Sep. 30, 2010, under Bear Down...and Blog, Sports
Former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx
“Interesting fact: We average 12,000 bottles of water sold per football game…last week we sold 23,000.”
- Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne describing the thirsty Wildcat fan base after the UA’s Sept. 18 win over Iowa.
“Headed out for date night! As in, my best friend and hubby have date night and they’re letting me crash it”
- Former UA track & field star Brianna Glenn on her evening’s plans.
“Hate test in my dorm laying in my bed tired”
- Arizona hoopster Daniel Bejarano about to have that dream where he’s in class without his clothes on.
“Spanish in about 30 mins …. -_-“
- Bejarano’s teammate Derrick Williams also with more than the X’s and O’s of basketball on his mind.
“This lady gonna ask me, how you get your teeth so white……..ummm brush them!!!
- Wildcat cornerback Trevin Wade sharing some hygiene secrets.
“Oh yeah and I guess dudes didn’t get the memo out here that braids with beads on ur hangtime is played out”
- Nic Wise on his post-Wildcat basketball career as fashion police officer
“So happy that Dexter is back on! Now we need Spartacus to start again.”
- Olympic Wildcat swimming sensation Amanda Beard out of the pool and on her couch.
“Random thought. There is way too many Raisins in Raisin Bran.
- Former softball great Jennie Finch with a lot of time on her hands after retiring from professional softball last month.
Current standings in the race to get 100,000 Facebook fans:
*It should be noted that the number of ASU fans following this page have gone down for a second straight week
Become a fan at
Ever wonder where you can score a KIM GLASS long-sleeve T-shirt or a Kim Glass mouse pad? Fear not, your long search is over.
Follow the former Wildcat volleyball standout and Olympic silver-medal winner on her official web page.
With a name like hers, shouldn’t she be marketing shot glasses? Or official Kim Glass corrective eye lenses? Or windshield repairs?
Did you know that Arizona football coach Mike Stoops caught three touchdowns, made 15 tackles and snagged an interception playing both ways for the Pittsburgh Gladiators in the inaugural season of the Arena Football League? Stoops also played three games for the Chicago Bears as a replacement player during the 1987 NFL player’s strike…or so the legend goes.
Read more about the man who has revitalized Wildcat football in Tucson.
*Disclaimer: Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and should not be used a true source of information.
The Super Bowl Shuffle’s got nothing on the Wildcats…