Save us, Captain Lance Briggsby Christopher C. Wuensch on Oct. 09, 2010, under Bear Down...and Blog, Sports
Current and former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx
Former University of Arizona standout Lance Briggs and Chicago Bear teammate Brian Urlacher have rewritten NFL history, having played the most games at linebacker together for the same team. Check out the official Lance Briggs website.
Lance Briggs is just as animated off the gridiron as he is on it. Apparently, flattening ball carriers isn’t the linebacker’s sole passion. Briggs, it turns out, is an avid comic book enthusiast.
The former Arizona Wildcat created the website Lance’s Comic World, which is self-described as: “The Official Comic Book/Pop Culture Social Networking Site Created by the NFL’s Lance Briggs of the Chicago Bears.”
The site is quite comprehensive, not to mention colorful, and boasts close to 500 members, who revel in industry news, interviews with comic-world big wigs and contests.
Briggs and the Chicago Bears take on the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. Perhaps Panthers’ quarterback Jimmy Clausen should enlist the help of the Super Friends to protect him from the wrath of Briggs pass-rushing evil.
“Goodbye randy moss, hellllo rob gronkowski, I see you big rob!”
- Former Wildcat basketball player David Bagga rooting on ex-Cat and New England tight end Rob Gronkowski, who certainly benefits from the Patriots’ trade of star wide receiver Randy Moss this week to the Minnesota Vikings.
“Have the NFL always been able to trade during the seaaon? I do not remember ppl trading after game 4 and 5.. but hey, welcome Moss Back!”
- Current Wildcat defensive back Robert Golden taking a pro-Moss approach.
“ok ok moss in Minnesota @kingxsolo i might be back on the bandwagon”
- Dondre Wise, another Wildcat basketball player, weighing in on the world of football
“Watching espn And I’m seein some NBA highlights It’s almost basketball season, love it, shout out 2 my boy @jordanchill43 go get it bro
- Former Wildcat basketball player and current St. Louis Ram Fendi Onobun sharing some love for his ex-Wildcat teammate Jordan Hill of the Houston Rockets.
“Up early at the Tucson airport getting ready for the next tour stop! Last night at Hillenbrand was amazing, thank u Wildcat fans!”
- Ex-Arizona softball standout Taryne Mowatt thanking Wildcat Nation after returning to Tucson with former ‘Cats Jennie Finch, Chelsie Mesa and Mackenzie Vandergeest to face their alma mater in the National Pro Fastpitch All-Star game Oct. 4 at Hillenbrand Stadium.
“Thank Coach Candrea & U of A 4 hosting @profastpitch! So blessed 2 play my last pro game w/ u! Fans u r the Best! Thx 2 all! A sellout! ”
- Jennie Finch also sharing some UA love. The flame-thrower retired from the NPF this summer.
“Is it me or looks like players jump up so high when go for a rebound on 2k11?”
- Kyryl Natyazhko eschewing Wildcat basketball for the fantasy world of video games.
“Back is still messed up”
- Natyazhko hours later lamenting a sore back…possible from sitting on the couch all day playing video games.
“Learned today to say ‘thanks’ in Malay. Hope to be saying terima kasih at Sime Darby soon!”
- Natalie Gulbis still educating herself years after leaving Arizona for the LPGA.
“Up early.. TRYNA knock out this quiz.”
- Arizona safety Anthony Wilcox educating himself back in the Old Pueblo.
Annika Sorenstam couldn’t stay away from the links for long. The ex-Wildcat, who retired in 2008 after dominating the LPGA for 16 years, has signed up to compete in this year’s Callaway Pebble Beach Invitational. The eight-time player of the year joins PGA Tour winners, LPGA players (including another former Wildcat Natalie Gulbis) and members of the Champions and Nationwide tours in the unique event that hybrids some of the best players from all the men’s and women’s tours. This year’s event takes place Nov. 12-16 on Del Monte Golf Course, Spy Glass Hill Golf Course and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
Current standings in the race to get 100,000 Facebook fans:
Become a fan at
Did you know that Wilbur once went by the name Rufus Arizona after former UA president Rufus von KleinSmid? Read more on the affable Wildcat mascots Wilbur and Wilma on their official Wikipedia page.
*Disclaimer: Wikipedia can be edited by anyone and should not be used a true source of information.
Bear Down, Stan, Kyle, Eric, Kenny and Wilbur