Exit Tweets from the 2012 London Olympics: Arizona Wildcat Styleby Christopher C. Wuensch on Aug. 10, 2012, under Sports
The Olympic Village is beginning to clear out as the XXX London Games enters its final weekend. Three former University of Arizona athletes remain behind, including: distance runners Abdi Abdirahman, high jumper Brigetta Barrett and cyclist Todd Wells.
The rest of the current and former Wildcats, as well as those with close ties to Tucson, are heading for the airport and taking off in all directions back into their respective worlds…
— Christopher Wuensch (@BearDownAndBlog) August 4, 2012
- Wells will compete in the cross country mountain bike event on Sunday
Now back to the task at hand…
— Andre Iguodala (@mindofAI9) August 10, 2012
- Being traded to the Denver Nuggets doesn’t seem to be dissuading Andre Iguodala from winning Olympic gold
Sad to be saying goodbye to the Olympic Village & to London. What an awesome place. I’ll be back to visit soon. Time for another long flight
— Roland Schoeman (@Rolandschoeman) August 8, 2012
- Good luck returning to the pools of South Africa
- The soccer star returned to her native Colombia before heading back to Tucson
Riding around Southend reminds me of my spins along the coast in Monterey and Santa Cruz on the bike path
— todd wells (@yotwells) August 8, 2012
My gold medal, Weber licensed, uncle Lex cooking us dinner. “It’s more then a meal, it’s an experience.” twitter.com/MattGrevers/st…
— Matt Grevers (@MattGrevers) August 10, 2012
- Which one of your gold swimming medals is that one?
Good bye London it’s been amazing! Back on US soil and glad to be going home.
— Caitlin Leverenz (@cleverenz) August 10, 2012
- Many swim fans in Tucson wish she was heading back to the Old Pueblo, instead it’s back to Cal for the bronze medal swimmer