Bear Down…and Blog!
Current and former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx
PRAISE FROM CAESAR
“Huge game from Channing Frye tonight! Must of listened to Jock Jams on the way to the arena!”
- Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns guard on teammate and former Wildcat center Channing Frye, who scored 29 points and grabbed 5 rebounds against the Indiana Pacers.
Hey, former Wildcat and Harlem Globetrotter Eugene Edgerson:
@WildkatEdgerson Tweeting fun questions to former Wildcats. You still rocking the afro?
@AtPressTime Some things don’t change…yes, I’m still proudly rocking my ‘fro.
The International Olympic Committee honored former Wildcat and LPGA great Annika Sorenstam with its “Women and Sport” achievement award on Dec. 3 at the LPGA Rolex Awards Reception in Orlando.
“I was surprised and honored to receive the “woman and sport” award from the IOC at tonight’s Rolex LPGA Dinner.”
- Annika Sorenstam, via Twitter
“Going to the National Championship, can only imagine wat that feel like.. But big up’s to Oregon, represent the Pac-10 !!”
- Arizona cornerback Robert Golden wishing conference foes Oregon best of luck in the BCS title game against Auburn.
“Just did an interview with Steve Kerr Went well ! Real cool guy!”
- Derrick Williams on a recent encounter between Wildcat greats, both past and present.
“So…I was told tonight by a Swede that I look exactly like a Swedish action movie actress haha hmm don’t know how to take that”
- Taryne Mowatt, ex-Arizona softball pitcher, getting hit on by a sweet-talking Swede.
“Headed to Oakland! What are some cool, hip, bay area phrases I can use over the weekend?!”
- Ex-Arizona track and field star Brianna Glenn looking for some lingo. I’ve got this one, Brianna, having grown up in Oakland (N.J.) myself. Walk up to the first guy you see and say “I’m about to pop a clown up in Oaktown!”
“Whose going to the omega party tonight??”
- Arizona wide receiver Dan Buckner, to quote the 80s hair-band Poison, ain’t looking for nothing but a good time.
I’ll tell you who’s is not heading to the Omega party…