Former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx.
Former Wildcat Bobby Wade declares a Redskin touchdown on Aug. 13 in Washington’s 42-17 win over the Buffalo Bills. Wade is among 21 ex-Arizona players on NFL rosters this summer.
Are you a diehard Wildcat fan with no allegiances to an NFL franchise?
Five teams boast multiple Wildcats, including the Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, Houston Texans and, naturally, the Chicago Bears.
Bears Down, Arizona. Bears Down, Red and Blue.
“Visited the Dom cathedral and climbed 533 stairs to the top. I’m not conditioned for that kind of workout”
- Former Wildcat and world-class long jumper Brianna Glenn on the perils of visiting European landmarks.
“On July 27th 1987… jordan hill was born…thank yall for caring a lil bit”
- Ex-Wildcat center Jordan Hill looking for some birthday love.
Sidebar: By using his middle initial — “C” for Craig — in his Twitter name, Hill’s handle is JordanCHill43. Jordan’s Chillin,’ indeed as an integral member of the Houston Rockets.
“im playin scategory right now… is waffles a junk food??? by itself no syrup on it…..”
- Andre Iguodala taking some time to exercise his mind before the joining the USA National basketball team for the FIBA World Championships, which begin Aug. 28.
“I wish I invented corn nuts. (via @KateFerg) just start telling people you did. Ha”
- Amanda Beard ruing her career choice to become a seven-time Olympic-medal-winning swimmer.
“What a FAVRE day. How was your FARVE day? Lol welcome back GOAT”
- Antonio Pierce perhaps re-thinking his decision of retiring from the New York Giants and taking his unbiased opinion to ESPN as an analyst.
“No place like home now back to the HEAT and I ain’t talkn wade bosh and bron”
- Former Wildcat Jason Terry presumably leaving his hometown of Seattle, Wash., a city with an average August temperature of 74 degrees.