Former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx
Kurt Busch during qualifying for the SaveMart 350 at Infineon Raceway. Mark J. Rebilas-US PRESSWIRE
The NASCAR season has hit its halfway point and former Arizona Wildcat Kurt Busch is riding high and tight.
The ex-Arizona dorm rat’s 2,524 points place him fifth overall in the Sprint Cup points standings after 18 races. His 11 top-10 finishes and $4.413 million in earnings this year allows him to buy more Ramen Noodles than any other driver on the circuit.
This week, Busch will burn rubber at Indianapolis’ fabled Brickyard 400.
“good luck 2 u 2nite I’m prayin for ya either way remember God’s will will be done 4 u man will not determine ur future!”
- Fendi Onobun to former Wildcat teammate Nic Wise on the morning of the June 24’s NBA Draft. Wise, unfortunately, went un-drafted.
“Leaving the Rockets gym, good workout”
- Houston native Wise on July 1. Wise is not listed on any of the NBA summer rosters.
“Heading to neighbor Michael Milken’s 60th birthday party”
- Annika Sorenstam on the former Wildcat golfer’s evening plans.
“Just saw a guy outrun a cop that was chasing him. Cop just stopped and gave up. He should really think about doing more cardio”
- Former track ‘Cat Brianna Glenn doling out advice to a boy in blue
“This morning I was attempting handstand push ups. I think I will bring a helmet next time just in case. Hahaha”
- Wildcat and Olympic swim sensation Amanda Beard on her upside down life outside the pool.