Bear Down…and Blog!
Current and former University of Arizona athletes are always making news and not always in traditional mediums. We scoured the Internet and found Wildcats online by visiting these lynx…
Want to see more of Natalie Gulbis? Then you’re going to have to pick up this year’s Sports Illustrated’s annual Swimsuit Issue.
Or book a flight to Chonburi this week where she’s competing in the ‘Honda LPGA Thailand 2012’ tournament.
The former Wildcat All-American (as a freshman) and youngest player ever (14 years old) to qualify for an LPGA tour event, sports a four-photo spread in a swimsuit by Bound + Tide By Mitchell Kass in the magazine on shelves this week.
Technically, it’s not so much a bathing suit, as it is merely latex paint.
Cost = $175. She could’ve just gone to Home Depot and bought of quart of UA Red & Blue Glidden and a paintbrush.
Gulbis joins the likes of ex-Wildcats Jennie Finch and Kim Glass, who have donned swimsuits for the magazine.
The start of the Wildcats’ baseball season didn’t just create a buzz in their new home diamond at Hi Corbett Field. It stirred up plenty of emotion via the Twitterverse.
TWEETS FROM UA BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL HOME OPENERS:
“At Wildcat Baseball home opener at Hi Corbett. Refsnyder with first RBI. The guy can hit!”
- Cleveland Indians outfielder and UA alum Shelley Duncan
“@NickC_42 my dude. Benny tonight?”
- Arizona football guard Jake Baratz, recruiting dinner guests — notably UA baseball pitcher Nick Cunningham
“@Jbaratz59 I have a game at 6. Otherwise I’d be the first one in line to that ha.”
- Nick Cunningham politely choosing the home opener over Teppanyaki
“Home opener at Hillenbrand stadium for AZ softball!! Love this stadium, and our fans!!! #BearDownArizona”
- Former Wildcat pitching sensation Alicia Hollowell
For those of you scoring at home…get with the new century and download the box score at Arizona Athletics
BASEBALL: Arizona 3, North DakotaState 1
“Thanks to all the coaches who voted for me in the All Star game 2012…”
- Philadelphia 76ers’ forward Andre Iguodala, who will be the lone UA alum representing at this year’s NBA All-Star game.
“Thanks for the selection of the dunk contest ! Just want to put on a show!”
- Minnesota Timberwolves’ Derrick Williams, one of two Wildcats in this year’s NBA All-Star Weekend Dunk Contest.
“Can Will Ferrell announce our lineup! That was awesome!”
- Perhaps you can get Ferrell to annouce you as Williams’ foe in the dunk contest, Houston Rockets forward Chase Budinger.
“I don’t know which 1 but a wildcat winning the dunk contest this year. I like the Bro #DWill7 #beardown”
- Former Wildcat safety Anthony Wilcox choosing sides.
“2my domestic geniuses here I need suggestions on a new vacuum! Not something that will break the bank (NO $600) but something good! Pls/thx u”
- You know what they say, former All-American first basemen Leneah Manuma…nothing sucks worse than a broken vacuum.
“@BearDownAndBlog bahahahaaa! So true!!!”
- Thanks for being a good sport, Leneah
“Why are elevators so awkward?! #seriousquestion”
- You know what they say, world-class volleyball star Kim Glass…you can’t keep a good elevator down.
“This fool is really wearing asu on our campus !?!? HE WANTS TO DIEEE”
- Chase ‘em down and give them what fer, Arizona sprinter Dahlys Marshall
“Did I miss the memo? Is today wear everyone other team in the PAC-12 shirt or sweatshirt. Seriously what the Fox. #BEARDOWN or go home”
- Pancake block them, Arizona offensive lineman Addison Bachman
“I loved watching Madonna perform at halftime of the Superbowl” said a kid from 1985”
- Arizona offensive lineman Shane Zink