Lighten up with “Ignite Tucson” on July 12by Carolyn Classen on Jul. 10, 2013, under Arts, Life
Some type of fiery, hot summer event is happening at the Steinfeld Warehouse, 101 W. 6th St., on Friday, the 12th of July. It’s called “Ignite Tucson” and I guess it will include “hot” improv topics.
Most of the info is on www.facebook.com/ignitetucson, managed by artist David Aguirre.
Up to fifteen speakers.
Each speaker has 5 minutes to speak on “an innovative topic”.
That’s what you’re in for on this night of curiosity and surprise.
Listed below is a sketch of speakers for July 12th’s Ignite Tucson! at the Steinfeld Warehouse, 101 W. Sixth Street, Tucson. We’re working on titles, sequencing, etc, so lots of changes to come yet. More speakers will be added, too.
1. Jeanette Valencia:” Isla Nueve: A Creative Rejuvenation.”
2. Susie Cox: “The Aquarian Age Comes to Tucson”
3. Bridgitte Blanton Thum: “The point? What is it?”
4. David Lesser
5. Kate Selby Nierenshausen; “Enter The Abyss!”
6. Keith Marroquin
7. Jen with Jen Monster BootyThreads
8. Christopher James Cryderman: “Food Creation”
9. Tony Ford: “Where is the World’s First Artisan-Driven Makerspace?”
10. Christine Scheer
11. Aaron Eden: “Changing lives through serendipity”.
12. Michael Ritzenthaler
13. Michelle Smith
Tucson Belly Dance will also be performing, 6:30-7pm!
Attendance is free. Drinks available by donation.
Food Trucks will be there, too, so come hungry.
Questions? Contact David Aguirre, firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with the Warehouse Arts Management Organization and Dinnerware Artspace.
Sounds like hot, hot, hot entertainment for a Friday evening in Tucson. And it’s likely to be creative “It’s a Curious World” as well.