Find out who this visioning group “Imagine Greater Tucson” (IGT) is by attending their Kick Off event on September 30th, 4-5:30pm at Hi Corbett Field – Oktoberfest tent on the field (Randolph Way, between Broadway and E. 22nd). I hear they are an outgrowth of a 2007 Tucson Town Hall meeting on Tucson’s future.
“All attendees of the Kick-Off are invited to stay and enjoy the Oktoberfest opening night festivities at 6pm. Families and friends are welcome.”
“Imagine Greater Tucson is led by Director Eileen Fagan. A steering committee and several working groups are in place to inform and engage the public. Working group members include representatives from neighborhood and environmental/conservation groups, business, education, government, health care and non-profits”. (per Donald Ijams, IGT member and coordinator of the Neighborhood Support Network)
Imagine Greater Tucson’s purpose is to create a shared vision and clear action for the Tucson region that will make our community a vibrant and healthy place to live, work, learn and play for current and future generations of all ages.
* A clear set of broadly supported strategies to guide the future of the region;
* Broad-based community support for a preferred future scenario, and clear plans and action to turn this future scenario into reality;
* Integration of IGT outcomes into Town, City and County planning processes;
* A robust and sustainable multi-stakeholder coalition to move action plans forward and work together on implementation;
* Enhanced community cohesiveness and relationships;
* A more informed, mobilized, and engaged public;
* Tangible results felt by all members of our greater Tucson community!
We want to work together to help shape the future of our region. We can’t do it alone. We need your help, support, and ideas to make the Tucson region a better place to live now and in the future. We encourage all members of the community – citizens, businesses and organizations – to join in! Here’s how you can get involved…
o Email us at email@example.com
o Sign up to Stay Informed at firstname.lastname@example.org
o Volunteer at an event or a Community Conversation this Fall
o Make a tax-deductible donation in any amount to Imagine Greater Tucson – click Donate
o Find us on Twitter or Facebook
Get involved with Imagine Greater Tucson. Our work depends on an enthusiastic network of organizations, institutions and individuals like you. Let’s shape our future together!
For media inquiries, contact:
Pima Assoc. of Governments
For speaking engagements, contact: