If you are a landlord in Tucson, you may want to attend this. The next Tucson Police Dept. (TPD) Crime Free Multi-Housing (CFMH) program for landlords begins Thursday, January 21, 2010. The seminar will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the main meeting room of the Patrick J. Hardesty Midtown Police Substation, 1100 S. Alvernon Way, NW corner of E. 22nd St.
The program for this all day seminar includes the following:
* Description of the CFMH steps and certification
* Fair Housing – by Sandy Fagan, Southwest Fair Housing Council
* Why and how to do renter screening
* Background and credit checks
* Rental Agreements and the Crime Free Lease Addendum
* Eviction Processes – Pima County Constable’s Office
* Arizona Residential Landlord and Tenant Act – by a Crime Free Multi-Housing Program attorney
* Rights and Obligations of Landlords – Rights and Obligations of Tenants
* Drug Recognition – What drug users/dealers can do to your rental property – by Tucson Police drug enforcement officers
* Gangs – What gang members can do to your rental property – by Tucson Police gang enforcement officers
From TPD website:
“The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is an international program which partners property owners, residents, and law enforcement personnel in an effort to eliminate crime in multi-housing properties. The program began in 1992 in Mesa, Arizona and has spread to 38 states, 3 Canadian provinces, and over 700 cities. The Tucson Police Department has been a member of this most worthwhile program for several years now,”
If you miss this program, the next ones are schedules for Thursdays April 8, July 8, and October 7, 2010. Log onto their website for further information about the follow up workshops.
“This program is endorsed by the Neighborhood Support Network (NSN) of Tucson and Southern Arizona as one of the best ways to prevent crime and disorder from happening in neighborhoods.” Thanks Don Ijams, NSN Coordinator for sending out their online information on this program.
For info on this CFMH program contact
CSO Becky Noel #37968
Operations Division Midtown Crime Free Coordinator
Tucson Police Department
1100 S. Alvernon
Tucson, AZ 85711
Office (520) 837-7428
FAX (520) 791-5422