Dr. Don Jorgensen was elected the new Chair of the Pima County Democratic Party today, replacing attorney Jeff Rogers who served for 4 years. In his statement of candidacy Jorgensen said:
As a lifelong Democrat I believe in personal freedom, social and civil justice, inclusion and equality for all and economic opportunity. These are not simply Democratic values; they are indeed American values.
The Pima County Democratic Party is strongest when we come together with a broad variety of viewpoints to unite and advance our shared goals.
I seek to serve as your County Chair to lead the continuing effort to grow stronger, louder and smarter as we create a shared strategic vision for attracting new Democrats and electing Democrats at all levels of public service.
Info on Jorgensen:
President of Jorgensen Brooks group,
520-575-8623, 1-888-520-5400 toll free.
Founded in 1991, Jorgensen Brooks Group is a leading provider of “high touch” workplace intervention and performance support services, including fully integrated Employee Assistance Programs, leadership development, crisis management and training services for employers who value their employees and seek to maintain a healthy workplace.
We specialize in Employee Assistance Programs for municipalities, mining companies, private businesses, school districts, casinos, hospitals and health care providers and non-profit organizations.
from website, www.jorgensenbrooks.com
Jorgensen’s Professional resume:
· Owner – Jorgensen Healthcare Associates, Inc. (22 Years)
· Developed strategic leadership plans for international associations, NPOs, small businesses.
· Brought Union and Business leaders together in a global organization to create fiscal stability and service expansion.
· Developed workplace health, conflict management and crisis response services for over 70 municipalities and businesses in the United States
· Designed comprehensive regional substance abuse and behavioral health service system
· Professional Speaker and Trainer in the U.S., Canada, Ireland and China
· Past President – International Employee Assistance Professionals Association
· Past President – Greater Tucson Leadership
· Board Member – National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence
· Board Member – YMCA of Southern Arizona
· Recognized in “40 Under 40” for Community Achievement
· Former NPO Director
· Ph.D. (Health Services Administration)
Jorgensen won the Democratic primary in September 2008 for State House in LD 26 with incumbent Nancy Young Wright (had been appointed in early Jan. 2008 after Rep. Lena Saranik resigned). But Jorgensen lost in the General Election to newcomer Vic Williams (R) and Nancy Young Wright in a 4 way race with Republican newcomer Marilyn Zerull, for 2 House seats. Jorgensen’s name had also been submitted to the Pima County Board of Supervisors (along with Cheryl Cage and Nancy Young Wright) when that vacancy in LD 26 occurred in January, 2008.
Good luck to Dr. Jorgensen as Chair of the Democratic Party in Pima County. Carolyn Cox was re-elected to her seat as Chair of the Pima County Republican Party on December 15, 2012 (click here for previous post about Cox).