7th Annual Zombie walk 2012 “The End is Here” will coincide with 2nd Saturday Downtown on Saturday the 13th of October.
It will be the 13th but not Friday the 13th…
Things go BUMP in the night. When things BUMP In Tucson, it’s for a good cause.
The Tucson Zombie walk, now in its Seventh un-dead year, will again bring forth its un-living legions to raise Funds and Food for the Tucson Community Food Bank!
Rejoice: It is the time of year when a young man’s thoughts turn to the simple pleasures in life: rising from the dead, cannibalism, and widespread destruction!
The Mayan Calendar has said it’s “Game Over!”
What better way to celebrate THE END of Everything than with a
Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Time: Event opens at 6:00pm for Costume Contest Registration.
Audience: All ages. Costumes are encouraged. (We are not responsible for any future therapy needed by small children.)
Start Location: MLK Building Parking Lot, 55 North 5th Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701
End Location: 2nd Saturday Downtown Stage (Scott Avenue North of Broadway)
Event Cost: FREE!!!! Costume Contest Entry: $5 or 5 canned goods.
What to Bring: Canned food and cash to donate to the Community Food Bank!
Sponsors: Bookman’s Entertainment Exchange &The Mission Creeps.
Full list of activities, 6pm-9pm (Subject to change-Times are Approximate):
• 6pm Costume Contest On-Site Registration Starts. See www.tucsonzombies.com for rules and pre-registration.
• 6:30pm Zombie Walk Variety Show/ Dance Party Starts. (Got an Act? Send Email to email@example.com to get on our Variety Show Roster)
• 7pm Costume contest registration ends. Judging begins.
• 8pm Costume Contest Finalists Announced.
• 8:30pm Walk Starts with Costume Contest winner as Grand Marshall
• 9:30pm Walk Ends at 2nd Saturday Stage at Scott and Broadway.
FREE Concert by The Mission Creeps begins at the end.
Info on 2nd Saturday Downtown, www.2ndsaturdaysdowntown.com.
Sounds like another creepy, undead event in the heart of downtown Tucson. If you missed last year’s walk (it’s actually more like a shuffle & stumble as these creatures don’t walk well), click here to view my very own photo gallery posted on Halloween. And don’t forget that can of food — not for them of course (they don’t eat food) — but for the living at the Community Food Bank.
Be scared. Be there.