California Pizza Kitchen Opens First Southern Arizona Location at Tucson Mall
November 30 Fundraiser to benefit Diamond Children’s Medical Center
TUCSON (Nov 11, 2010) – California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. (CPK), home to the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza and other innovative hearth-baked pizzas, made-to-order pastas, salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches, and desserts, will open its first full-service restaurant in Southern Arizona at the Tucson Mall Monday, November 22, 2010.
The new 5,000-square-foot restaurant is located on the south side of the Tucson Mall, next to the H&M clothing store, and will operate from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Monday through Thursday; from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday; and from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sundays. Guests can dine in or place a Curbside take-out order by ordering online at www.cpk.com, using their CPK iPhone app, or by calling 520-407-5004.
CPK’s tradition of giving back to the community, the new Tucson location will donate 100% of all dine-in pizza sales during regular business hours Tuesday, November 30, 2010, to the Diamond Children’s Medical Center (DCMC). A partnership between University Medical Center and The University of Arizona Steele Children’s Research Center, DCMC is focused on bringing advanced care and compassion to all children in Southern Arizona. It will be the only children’s health facility in Southern Arizona connected to an academic medical center, allowing children the advantage of being treated by leading experts with the latest diagnostics and therapeutic procedures.
The new Tucson CPK menu will feature all of the popular favorites and a number of new menu items, including:
· Four Seasons Pizza with imported Italian tomatoes, oven-roasted artichoke hearts, salami, fresh mushrooms, mild onions, and fresh Mozzarella cheeses topped with fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese;
· Roasted Artichoke and Spinach Pizza, inspired by CPK’s popular Spinach Artichoke Dip, with a blend of oven-roasted artichoke hearts, sautéed spinach and garlic, Fontina, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and a spinach artichoke sauce;
· Baby Clam Linguini featuring linguini fini and baby clams with garlic, fresh Italian parsley, Parmesan cheese, white wine and red pepper flakes tossed in either a light lemon cream sauce or imported Italian tomatoes and fresh basil;
· Italian Deli Sandwich, a combination of spicy Capicola ham, salami and pepperoni topped with Mozzarella and Fontina cheeses, basil and shredded lettuce tossed in a herb-mustard Parmesan vinaigrette;
· Turkey Stack Sandwich oven-roasted turkey breast, sliced fresh Roma tomatoes, mayonnaise, shredded lettuce and Grey Poupon Dijon honey mustard; and
· Butter Cake, CPK’s newest dessert, an oven-baked butter cake served with fresh whipped cream.
The new restaurant will also feature an extensive beverage menu from its full bar, including the CPK Margarita and popular favorites such as Cranberry Mint Cooler and Cherry Lime Sparkler.
Check out this new restaurant at 4500 N. Oracle Road, especially on November 30, when ALL (100%) proceeds help the Diamond Children’s Medical Center at UMC. And the pizza & other entrees sound terrific as well.
Contact: Serena Hall
Office: (520) 795-1566
Cell: (559) 392-1086