From Imagine Greater Tucson (IGT) –”Our Shared Values and the Future of
the Greater Tucson Region” Join us to see how closely they align!
Thursday, April 7
Tucson Marriott University Park
880 E. Second St., Tucson
Registration begins at 3 p.m.
Program starts promptly at 3:30 p.m.
Open to the Public
Keynote Speaker: Lattie F. Coor, Ph.D.
Chairman and CEO,
Center for the Future of Arizona, The Arizona We Want
Presenting: Mobilizing to Secure your Vision
Imagine Greater Tucson Board
Imagine Greater Tucson
Habitat for Humanity Tucson
Founding Chair Emeritus
Lattie F. Coor, Ph.D.
Chairman and CEO
Center for the Future of Arizona,
The Arizona We Want
Frances McLane Merryman
Vice President and Senior Wealth Strategist
Northern Trust NA
My previous blog (click here) when this group kicked off last September, 2010. And read blogger Pam Power’s report on the November 30 community conversation at the Ward 6 office, which I also attended (click here).
Let us all imagine (and work together) for a better future for Tucson. And attend this meeting when the Phase 1 results will be revealed. Here’s preliminary stats from IGT’s March newsletter:
By the numbers, here are the results of the Phase 1 engagement:
* Over 3,300 surveys completed (adult and youth)
* 51 Community Conversations held
* 741 participants, from Marana to Vail, from southern Tucson to the foothills
* 600 random sample surveys completed.
…and heads up for future Phase 2 “Scenario Building Workshops: Designing our region of the future based on our shared values.” Schedule below:
* May 18th: Tucson Convention Center, 260 S. Church, copper ballroom
* May 24th: Hilton El Conquistador Resort, 10000 N. Oracle Rd.
* May 25th: Desert Diamond Casino (I-19 & Pima Mine Rd.)
All the workshops run from 5:30pm to 8:00pm (registration at 5:30pm, program begins promptly at 6:00pm). Go to the IGT website to find out more about the workshops or RSVP.