Republican gun parts & accessories businessman Mike Polak II to challenge Councilmember Fimbres in Ward 5Friday, April 19th, 2013
On March 6, self employed Republican Mike Polak II filed his Statement of Organization with the Tucson City Clerk, with his intent to challenge one term Councilmember Richard Fimbres in Ward 5. He filed two amended statements thereafter.
Bio from Polak:
• The Boeing Company 1997 to 2012, Long Beach, CA & Tucson, AZ. Worked with Domestic and International Air lines companies. Supported Satellite launch operations and international transportation.
• McDonnell Douglas Long Beach, CA 1987 to 1994
• Northrop 1986 to 1987
• 8 years in the United States Marine Corp
• Graduated for Southern California Institute of Technology with B.S. degrees in Computer Science and Electronic Engineering
• Small business owner.
He currently is the owner of Desert Armory Gun Parts & Accessories, a small business selling gun equipment and participating in gun shows. He says that his top priorities in this campaign are:
• Bringing Jobs to Tucson
• Improving the infrastructure and services in Tucson
• Improve public safety
Polak’s campaign info: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 520-243-3511, 2004 E. Irvington St. #175, website: Facebook.com/Mike for City Council.
Fimbres defeated political newcomer Republican Shaun McClusky in 2009 to win his Ward 5 seat (53% to 46%). Democratic Councilman Steve Leal had retired after 5 terms serving Ward 5.
Ward 3, 5, and 6 are up for election this year. One term Councilmember Steve Kozachik is running for re-election in Ward 6, as is 2 term Councilmember Karin Uhlich. All three Councilmembers up for re-election are Democrats. Kozachik is running unopposed at this time, and Uhlich is being challenged again by Republican community activist Ben Buehler-Garcia who lost to her in 2009, in a 3 way race with Green candidate Mary DeCamp.