The Show-Me State’s loss can be the Grand Canyon State’s gain—here’s why:
1) For those Arizonans who hate the Bidwills (e.g., everyone at my local Buffalo Wild Wings), Rush could become the new face of the Cardinals’ head shed. If, on the other hand, you like the Bidwills, Rush can be their shield. He’s had twenty-years plus of successfully absorbing hate.
2) Rush will bring LOTS of money with him. I’ll bet he’ll pick up some of the bills the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority is footing to run University of Phoenix Stadium. That might leave some money for other things in Arizona—schools, roads, etc…
3) I’ll bet Rush lowers the concession prices, so you can actually AFFORD a beer and a brat at the game.
4) Arizona is a pretty red state. In 2008, while Obamamania swept most of the nation and all of the American media, Arizonans elected more Republicans statewide. This is Rush Country! (That muffled explosion you just heard in the distance was Leftfield’s skull).
5) For Arizona’s liberals, Rush will fill their lives by giving them someone to hate and mock. There will be unbridled joy at the Arizona Daily Star, the Arizona Republic, faculty lounges in Tucson/Tempe/Flagstaff and hackey-sack venues statewide. The Tucson Weekly will never lack for copy, or for reasons to be smug. (Not that that’s ever stopped them before). Heck—Billie Stanton and Anne Denogean might re-enter journalism! Come to think of it…
6) …if the U of A could figure out a way to turn agita into electricity, we’d never have to worry about air conditioning bills again.
The possibilities are endless!