Ashley Thomas says: Religion: It’s a trap!by Don Lacey on Aug. 10, 2012, under Atheism, Atheist Humor, AZ Politics, Biblical Inerrancy, Christian Self-Righteous Arrogance, Christianity, Critical Thinking, Faith, Freethought, Fundamentalism, God & Bible, Islam, Logic, Question of the Day!, Reason, Religion, Sanity, Science, Separation of Church & State, Willful Ignorance
I agree with Admiral Ackbar! Religion is a trap. It traps our minds.
Here are my favorite reasons religion is a trap!
1. It traps us into viewing the world dogmatically and makes us afraid to question its assertion.
2. It traps us into viewing the world and morality in simplistic black and white terms.
3. It terrifies us with threats of eternal torment.
4. It makes us unable to look at the world on its own terms.
5. It traps us into thinking the commands of God, or priest are moral, when they are often destructive.
6. It has a long history of being easy to enter, but is often difficult to leave.
7. It instills an “us verses them” mentality.
8. It imposes countless pointless prohibitions on people: Eating pork, working on Sunday, or enjoying the wrong types of love.
9. It binds us to outmoded bronze age superstitions, and rituals.
10. It traps us into thinking we are nothing with out it.
11. It gives people in the trap a false sense of superiority over those outside it.