Search the Citizen
- Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Still Cannot Utter the Word “Immigrant” in His Speeches
- Sarah Palin, What Part of Love Thy Neighbor Don’t You Understand? Practice what you preach! #immigration
- Que Magazine is sponsoring Comprehensive Immigration Reform with Big “Cumbia” Band via GRUPO CONTROL
- Breaking: ICE Director John Morton Resigning From Agency #RecordDeportations
- Senator Lindsey Graham: No 2016 Presidential Win If No Comprehensive Legal Immigration Reform Is Passed
About the author
Dee Dee Garcia Blase is the Foundress and immediate past Co-President of the National Tequila Party Movement which is a woman-led political movement that pushes for immigrant friendly policies and is a national Latino Get Out the Vote Effort motivating Latinos to vote for pro-immigrant politicians in 2012. Shirl Mora James, Civil Rights and Immigration lawyer is now leading the new charge of this Latina-led movement. Shirl Mora James is the current President of SOMOS INDEPENDENTS (formerly the Tequila Party) -- a movement consisting of Independents, Progressive Democrats, Moderate Republicans and Libertarians.
DeeDee Garcia Blase has professionally penned / given opinions for the UK Guardian - a well respected news organization. In addition to writing for the Tucson Citizen, she writes for Latino Voices a(n affiliate of the Huffington post) when blogging for much needed Chicana/Latina political activism.
Several years ago, DeeDee Garcia Blase founded the largest Hispanic Republican group in the nation via SOMOS REPUBLICANS that began in Arizona and later grew out of crisis when we reached an anti-immigrant fevered pitch. Blase finally had enough with the Republican Party and left it for good. She stepped down as the President of SOMOS REPUBLICANS and switched to the Independent Party. Most pro-immigrant Mexican-Americans / Latinos left the GOP registering themselves as Independent voters now in light of the anti-immigrant platform the GOP accepted in 2012.
For immediate updates please follow us on our SOMOS INDEPENDENT a/k/a Tequila Party Facebook Page.