Some goddamn fool once said that flanks have got to be secure. Since then sonofabitches all over the globe have been guarding their flanks. I don’t agree with that. My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I’ll be cutting the bastard’s throat. — General Patton
Rep. Luis Gutierrez did the right thing and pulled the rug from under the pseudo immigration activists.
Matthew Kolken is angry. Unfortunately for him he chose the wrong Veteran Day Holiday to lash out against a woman veteran who honorably served her country and will continue to honor her oath protecting our United States Constitution — especially our 1st Amendment right. I for one believe American Veterans earned their right to freedom of expression and freedom of the press.
It is important to note Kolken suffered a huge political loss when Congressman Luis Gutierrez did the right thing to withdraw support from Mohammad Abdollahi, Prerna Lal, DreamActivist.org and the National Immigrant Youth Alliance (NIYA) this past week.
You see, according to FOX NEWS LATINO, Kolken gave guidance to the DREAM 9 — an action supported by DreamActivist.org and NIYA. His professional reputation as an immigration lawyer is at stake and he is gonna do everything he can to attack people like me who gave Congressman Gutierrez EVIDENCE and PROOF of Mohammad Abdollahi’s statements with regard to “legal coyote” work and wanting to “KILL CIR” (or comprehensive immigration reform).
Kolken has written my editor of Tucson Citizen to complain, but luckily friends of mine warned me in advance and I called the editor to explain the debacle. I know how angry these pseudo activists are when Rep. Gutierrez pulled the rug from their circus show.
Kolken is also a member of American Immigration Lawyers Association: AILA, and he attempted to garner support from AILA to quash my 1st amendment right there, too, but AILA forum administrators deleted his post from their forum. More than likely this made him angrier. I suppose it didn’t help Kolken much when he criticized AILA to begin with. Last but not least, Kolken is angry because in this print screen, it appears he does not want public defenders in immigration court. There appears to be a concern that public defenders may take money from private lawyers. Kolken called me last month regarding the public defender issue, but he never followed through in writing like he told me he was going to do. To this day, I wait for him to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to document line by line what his concerns are.
But Kolken has a lot of explaining to do that may shed light to Mexican American voters who have been working immigration reform for more than a decade.
1. Why is Kolken turning a blind eye to one of the DreamActivist.org co-founders when Mohammad Abdollahi stated he needed money and/or had success with regard to legal coyote work? The FBI says there is no such thing and his efforts appear to be a financial scam.
2. What are Kolken’s views when DreamActivist.org leader via Mohammad Abdollahi (whom we deem as the false prophet of immigration) is on record for wanting to kill comprehensive immigration reform?
3. What are Kolken’s National Security views with regard to Mohammad Abdollahi wanting to bring back all 1.7 deported immigrants (and more) where some have real dangerous and criminal backgrounds? As a veteran who promotes both immigration reform and National Security — I can tell you I would rather keep the good immigrants in while throwing the bad ones (with dangerous backgrounds) out.
4. 3 of the Dream 9 were DACA eligible. According to FOX NEWS Latino, Kolken is the Anglo attorney that gave “guidance” to the Dream 9, so why didn’t Kolken help the DACA eligible people fill out their paperwork before leaving the country with their publicity stunt?
5. Since 3 DACA eligible people left the country and are now in asylum limbo — will Kolken guarantee their immigration citizenship?
6. How is encouraging Mexican immigrants to deport themselves a vehicle to stop deportations? Genuine Immigration Rights Activists and Civil Rights Activists agree that the goal is to stay on the “bus” [remain in the Nation] — not leave the bus or leave the Nation.
7. Why were all immigrants of the DREAM 9 Latino? Why didn’t one of the leaders via Mohammad Abdollahi (Iranian immigrant) deport himself, too?
8. Would Anglo lawyer Kolken encourage a white undocumented immigrant of European descent to voluntarily leave the country, too?
9. Since Kolken gave guidance to the Dream 9, did he warn them all of the long term consequences after their asylum limbo ends? Did he offer to do their DACA papers for the DACA eligible?
10. Why does Kolken blame Obama for deportations when Obama did not pass the immigration laws that are currently being enforced?
11. Why doesn’t Kolken want to go on record for supporting the Gang of Eight CIR bill that passed in a bipartisanship fashion?
12. Obama already stated he would sign a CIR bill. Why does it appear Kolken is supporting diversion efforts of people who left our Nation on their own accord instead of fighting for the 11 million that remain here and aspire to be Americans?
13. How is Kolken going to explain to the moderate GOPers (we need in order to support bipartisan CIR efforts) that DREAM 9 undocumented immigrants are abusing American tax payer dollars in an already bloated detention center system with their publicity stunts when they left our country on their own accord? Does he really think Republicans are going to fight for those who left our country voluntarily and beg them back?
14. How is Kolken going to explain to the moderate GOPers with regard to ANSWER standing in solidarity with DREAM 9? ANSWER is listed as one of the top 10 anti-Israel groups in the Nation by ADL. We do not appreciate our people being used by others who have not conducted their due diligence with regard to extreme and/or dangerous organizations. It is enough Arizonans have to put up with Arizona Republicans who want us to believe Mexicans are terrorists. WE REFUSE TO ALLOW OUR PEOPLE TO BE MISGUIDED BY THOSE WHO CANNOT FEEL THE PAIN WE FEEL. This is personal to us. We don’t just clock out at 5:00 pm — this is something that affects those in the Mexican Community all of the time.
15. Why would Kolken say he supports amnesty [see here] if he knows that is precisely what the GOP does not want?
16. Does Kolken know that Ronald Reagan just didn’t whip out his pen to declare amnesty, and that the 1986 law was supported by Congress?
17. Why is it an issue for Kolken when Reverend Al Sharpton attends an immigration reform conference?
18. Where are the MALDEF lawyers at and why aren’t there any Mexican American lawyers defending the DREAM 9? Why did Mohammad Abdollahi’s groups support a sit-in of MALDEF which is the oldest Mexican American Civil Rights firm in our Nation?
19. Why is Kolken supporting DreamActivist.org founded by Mohammad Abdollahi (Iranian immigrant) and Prerna Lal (Fijian immigrant) when their LLC paperwork does not include Mexican American / Latino leadership?
20. Since Kolken is concerned about David Bennion — lawyer of DREAM 30, what are Kolken’s views with regard to INA Sec. 276. [8 U.S.C. 1326] when one obtains a final order of removal (deportation order)? I believe you are barred from that point for 10 years from coming back to the US. So, for the ones who had been in Mexico 7 or 9 years, had it NOT been for this debacle, they would have been able to legally apply to return to the US in one or three years. Now, they must wait at least another 10. Additionally, for the rest of their lives, AFTER the 10 years have passed, they are required to apply for advance permission to apply even before then CAN apply. In other words, having been formally deported renders them subject to a LIFETIME LEGAL DISABILITY. The federal government has filed “1326 CRIMINAL FELONY prosecutions” for such applicants who have, for example, applied for admission at a port of entry.
INA: Sec. 276. [8 U.S.C. 1326]
(a) Subject to subsection (b) any alien who- ,
(1) 1/ 2/ has been denied admission, excluded, deported, or removed, or has departed the United States while an order of exclusion, deportation, or removal is outstanding, and thereafter
(2) enters, attempts to enter, or is at any time found in, the United States, unless (A) prior to his reembarkation at a place outside the United States or his application for admission from foreign contiguous territory, the Attorney General has expressly consented to such alien’s reapplying for admission; or (B) with respect to an alien previously denied admission and removed 3/ , unless such alien shall establish that he was not required to obtain such advance consent under this or any prior Act, shall be fined under title 18, United States Code, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.
21. What are Kolken’s views with regard to Prerna Lal giving awful social security advice [considering the moderate GOPers we need to support CIR] knowing full well Republicans take a hard line stance when it comes to Social Security Numbers or Identity Theft?
22. What are Kolken’s views with regard to David Bennion’s case for open borders [which I believe presents itself as an unreasonable pipeline dream] knowing full well moderate GOPers won’t stand for open borders?
23. What are Kolken’s views with regard to Fijian immigrant Prerna Lal who says Fiji is better than the United States? Does Kolken want Mexicans to follow that Fijian bullshit knowing full well that most Mexican immigrants die and aspire to become Americans!? Does he not realize how many of my people DIE for the American dream as it stands when they risk their lives crossing the desert?!
The Mexican American community does not appreciate Anglo lawyers essentially encouraging acts that will piss off Americans while soiling the image of my people. It is stupid to create publicity stunts that will add to our tax bills in already bloated detention centers. Genuine immigration reform activists would never encourage behavior that will turn off the moderate GOPers we seek and need in the House of Representatives to support the Gang of Eight Immigration Reform bill because we work desperately to bring out those from hiding and we take this very seriously. We do not play games with this issue.
We do not appreciate, nor will we ever allow [without blowing the whistle on] those who take advantage of politically under educated Mexican immigrant minors at the expense of a publicity stunt. Essentially you have an Iranian or Fijian immigrant who have no authority to speak on behalf of the Mexican American voter with regard to immigration reform. A wall has been built between the U.S. and Mexico — not Fiji or Iran. Deportations have affected more Mexican American families than all the other minority ethnic groups combined, and we certainly have the ability to lead ourselves.
In fact, it is the Mexican American community that will advocate for reasonable immigration reform efforts and last I checked, the elected officials work for us — the American citizens and voters. While we listen to numerous immigrant stories across the United States, it is up to us — the American voter, to step in and support an immigration reform plan that will benefit our Nation. We do believe in sovereign borders — not open borders and anarchy-like behavior.
We are disgusted non-Mexican American leaders have used our people to parade a circus act also known as the DREAM 9 / 30 where many left our Nation on their own accord to begin with. We have reported our concerns to government agencies because we believe there are wicked agendas behind the promotion of parading our people in unreasonable ways.
On the eve of Veterans Day, I will shout out at the mountain tops how many of my people have died for American wars. Mexican American Chicanos have proven our love for this Nation and our patriotism time and time again, and we will not allow others to give MY people a bad image or bad advice that will soil what we have fought and died for. Those of Mexican descent are indigenous to the United States and all of them have a built-in born love for this Nation despite the Guadalupe Treaty — and they are not ordinary “immigrants.” We don’t expect the Fijian and Iranian immigrant who are on record for stating “Fiji is better than the U.S.” or they “don’t aspire to be citizens” to fully understand our love for the southwest. In fact, we are on the record in asking pseudo immigration organization via DreamActivist to drop ties to groups supporting Hamas.
Lastly, I will never allow the likes of Matthew Kolken (that little pissant probably never served our Armed Forces) or his cohorts to take my freedom of expression away with his little petition — because as a Veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces — I EARNED my right to freedom of speech. Unless Kolken can prove malice, people like Kolken who place themselves in the public arena have little protection from those that question their motives and practices. That is what the first amendment is all about and I will go to the grave defending that. Happy Veterans Day! Don’t forget to thank a Vet!