Maricopa County Democratic Chair, Ann Wallack, committing political suicide with Independent voters in ArizonaMonday, October 22nd, 2012
Below is a photo of Ann Wallack’s tweet where she created political suicide for herself with the fastest growing voting bloc in Arizona:
Allow this to be a warning to registered Democratic voters in Arizona: Ann Wallack has committed political suicide with Independent registered voters. She is trying to minimize our power and wants to marginalize the independent registered voter. If you believe in the Democratic Party, I recommend you send Ann Wallack a note regarding her below tweet and how she views the independent voter. You cannot grow a party if you are bashing surging independent voters.
Every smart politico in America knows that independent voters are the key swing vote and we are the ones who determine the outcome of elections.
We are glad the Obama administration values independent voters and his campaign leaders are smart enough not to anger Independent voters — perhaps Ann Wallack should learn a thing or two. It would be wise for Arizona Democratic leaders to not allow Ann Wallack to advance within the Arizona Democratic Party since she pretty much offended the independent voter bloc that has surged by 33% within the last year. Heck — the corrupt Sheriff Arpaio and his capaign advisors won’t even attempt to anger the independent voters of Arizona and it should not be rocket science to know the basics of politics.
For instance, in one key race in legislative district 18 between Jerry Lewis and the ousted Senator Russell Pearce there were approximately:
- 38% registered Republicans
- 35% independents, Independents or no party difference registered voters
- 25% registered Democrats
Do the above numbers look familiar to the Maricopa County demographics? NOTE: The ousted (Republican) Russell Pearce received 43.50% of the vote. Olivia Cortes who withdrew her candidacy only 1.19% (Republican), and Jerry Lewis received 55.07% votes. The above numbers are taken from just a small district in Mesa, Arizona, so now let’s compare the above old LD18 numbers to the entire Maricopa County where there are approximately:
- 36% registered Republicans
- 35% registered Independents
- 29% registered Democrats
Based on the above demographics, one can see how Ann Wallack inserted her foot in her mouth.
More importantly … based on the above demographics and the surging independent voters in Arizona, you can see why I am supporting Mike Stauffer for Maricopa County Sheriff.
It is impossible for Paul Penzone to win, and he was damaged goods to begin with given his domestic violence history. That said, how can anyone in their right mind justify voting for a candidate (Penzone) who only managed 6 employees in all of his years of law enforcement? In fact, Penzone could not even make it to a command position as it relates to law enforcement, and he only made the rank of Sergeant. The Maricopa County Sheriff’s office (MCSO) is the 3rd largest county sheriff’s office in the nation. We must support a man like Stauffer who has the command experience, the education and the know-how to take over on Day 1.
A bit of POLITICS 101 for Ann Wallack who appears short sighted:
- Independent voters are independent because we believe the 2 major party system has failed Americans with their extreme partisanship nature.
- Independent voters are now the 2nd largest voting bloc in Arizona surpassing Democratic voters who lost 52,000 registered Democratic voters.
- Independent voters on a national basis have surpassed both Republican and Democratic voters.
- Independent voters are not bored – we are visionary setting up the framework to get both the Republicans and Democrats to hammer out American issues with the best interest of our Nation – and not Party power.
- Independent voters tend to vote and swing conservatively.