Starting life as a fat kid; Carrol Wolverton now lives the thin lifestyle with Method Weight Managementby Sonja Rose on Jul. 23, 2010, under Health
Carrol Wolverton was a fat kid, too, like me, and writes about her experience in Method Weight Management (Hidden Owl Press, December 2009).
“I remember being envious of my thin friends when I was a kid,” said Carrol. “My final weight loss is over 30 pounds, over a period of eight years.”
Carrol gives theses tips to lead a healthy, thin lifestyle:
1) Add a healthy cereal as one of your daily meals.
2) Plan ahead with snack packs of the same or similar cereals for you and the kids, and make enough for the whole week. Add walnuts and other healthy ingredients for variety.
3) Make up grab ‘n go snack packs of apples, bananas — whatever is in season — and keep them in the refrigerator for quick access.
4) Prepare foods at home to keep costs low.
5) Change one habit at a time until it’s part of your routine.
I like Carrol’s other ideas, like adding low-fat ranch dressing to tuna for tuna-salad sandwiches, and also
adding cooked spinach for an extra health boost. No dieting, just eating whatever you want, is another thing we agree on, trying to always keep it healthy.
“And remember,” says Carrol, “everyone has lapses. It’s okay just as long as you get back on the program.
Sounds like Living the Thin Lifestyle to me!