Living Thin; Yo-Yo Dieting- Stop the insanity!by Sonja Rose on Aug. 05, 2010, under Health
No more Yo-Yo dieting!
After going up and down the scale since the age of eleven, I finally stopped in 2001 after a 50-pound weight loss, and started living the thin lifestyle. I would highly recommend it as a saner way of life.
Just exactly how many diets have I been on? Here’s a list of the diets that come to mind:
Official plans: Weight Watchers (at least 15 times), Metabolic Weight Loss Center, Atkins, South Beach Diet, Diet Center, Weigh Down Workshop, Jenny Craig, Overeaters Anonymous, First Fitness, and Dexatrim diet pills.
Unofficial diet plans: Cabbage soup diet, liquid diets, hypnosis, calorie counting, carb counting, fat gram counting and meditation. One day I even tried being bulimia, but that will be another blog.
What’s great about stopping yo-yo dieting?
1) I know all the clothes in my closet are going to fit me every day — even my skinny jeans.
2) All the clothes in my closet are the same size (no more ranges).
3) My cholesterol is fantastic, due to my diet and weight. My blood pressure is 108/62; the health benefits are fabulous.
4) I fit nicely in an airplane seat, movie seat, restaurant booth, etc.
5) I like the way I look in the mirror — front and back.
6) Buying clothes is fun. I buy clothes I like, not just clothes that happen to fit.
7) I don’t have to investigate the next diet, thinking “this diet will work, since the last one didn’t.”
8) I no longer finance the diet industry.
Now I step on the scale every morning. This way, I can nip a small weight gain in the bud. It is probably the single, most sane thing I do to manage my weight. And it’s easy.
What a relief to be off yo-yo dieting!