Stay Active, Stay Thinby Sonja Rose on Aug. 23, 2010, under Health
I always used exercise as part of dieting to lose weight, because it made me lose weight faster. That’s why I did it then, so why do it now that the 50 pounds are gone? Well, lots of reasons!
1) Makes my skin glow.
2) Sleep better at night.
3) I get to eat more. I like food! Exercise burns more calories, 1) while it’s happening, and 2) later on.
4) Exercise tightens up my muscles, and gives my body a nice shape.
a) Look better in clothes.
b) Look better out of clothes.
5) Look younger. Feel younger. (for fun, take Dr. Oz’s “Real Age” test, to find out your “real” age).
6) A gazillion health reasons (lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, live longer, less pressure on joints, less chance for diabetes – way too many to list).
7) Helps with losing weight.
8) Helps with weight maintenance.
The good news is that you don’t have to do tons of exercise, like some people think. Take a walk around your neighborhood, or on your lunch break at work — 30 minutes is great, but 20 minutes is fine, too. I like to do things that are fun, so it doesn’t even seem like exercise — like swim, ski or hike. I have a treadmill and some handheld weights at home that I use about two to three times a week as well. I’m also a big fan of countertop push-ups, and will do 10-20 of those whenever the mood strikes me since they work everything on my body from the waist up.
What do you like to do for activity? For exercise?
Keep it simple — which is the only way to “live the thin lifestyle!”