Why French Women Don’t Get Fat; 10 Tipsby Sonja Rose on Oct. 30, 2010, under Health
French women don’t get fat, because they live the thin lifestyle!
Mireille Guiliano’s book, French Women Don’t Get Fat, shares the secrets of living the thin lifestyle. It also includes a great leek soup recipe that I highly recommend, especially if you want to drop five pounds in a weekend (somethin’ about those leeks). Guiliano has also published what she calls a “non-diet” cookbook (I love that).
Here are 10 Tips from Guiliano’s book, that coincide with living the thin lifestyle:
1. Eat only good-quality food.
2. Savor every bite.
3. Eat with all five senses. This will enable you to eat less, because you are paying attention to what you are tasting.
4. No more guilty eating. This practice has ruined food for American women.
5. Don’t eat until you are full.
6. Just a few bites of a dish are all you really need to enjoy it. The pleasure of most foods is in the firsts few bites.
7. Learn portion control. Cut back on everything — your body will appreciate it.
8. Walk everywhere. French women don’t go to the gym, but they walk everywhere they possibly can.
9. Make eating time a special time. Eat slowly and chew your food.
10. It’s okay to have chocolate, cheese, wine and champagne every day if you want. Watch portions, savor every bite — and no guilt allowed!
Follow these tips, and you can keep weight loss off, just like Mireille, who lost over 20 pounds thirty years ago — or me, Sonja Rose, “Living Thin” author, who has maintained a 50-pound weight loss since 2001.