We all know about the health benefits of losing weight (lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, control or eliminate diabetes, helps joint and arthritic pain, etc.), but still one-third of people are overweight in the United States. It must not be motivating enough, or else everyone would be thin — right?
What are the other benefits, the ones that keep you going when all you feel like doing is eating everything on your plate even though you are way past full, or you have one of those ”all-I-feel-like-doing-is-devouring-a-bacon-double-cheeseburger-and-large-order-of-fries-with-a-chocolate-shake-because-I-can’t-take-one-more-salad” kind of days?
Here are the real benefits to being thin, with enough motivation and inspiration to keep you going no matter what!
1) Fun clothes to to wear. It’s so much more fun to show off a cute figure if you are at your happy weight.
2) You fit nicely into an airplane seat.
3) You can sit on any kind of furniture without fear of breaking it.
4) You fit nicely into a movie theater seat.
5) You can wear any necklace, bracelet, ring or watch you desire.
6) You fit nicely into a booth in a restaurant.
7) You no longer worry about stares or comments from people about your weight; if anything they will be telling you how good you look!
8) At job interviews, you don’t have to worry if being overweight will be a factor in deciding whether or not you will get the position.
9) If you are trying to date, being thin helps.
10) It is easier to keep a thin body clean.
11) It’s easier to go to the bathroom.
12) It’s easier to have sex. Sex is better.
13) It’s easier to enjoy any kind of physical activity that is fun, like riding a bike, taking a walk, swimming, hiking a trail, etc.
15) You can go up a flight of stairs without feeling like you are going to die. You might even seek out the stairs, because it is good exercise and will burn calories.
16) You eat in front of people now, not worrying what they might be thinking.
17) You are happy to see people you haven’t seen in a long time, not worried anymore about what they might be thinking of your weight gain. You are thin now.
18) If you have suffered from sleep apnea, it gets better now, maybe even goes away entirely, and breathing at night gets easier (OK, this is technically kind of a health one, but who doesn’t want to get a good night’s sleep?)
19) You fit into a cars nicely.
20) You will most definitely like yourself better, and feel better about things — everything.
What’s on your list?
Remember, nothing tastes as good as thin feels!