Several Tucson sites providing free HIV testingby Heidi Rowley on Mar. 10, 2009, under Body, Local
Several sites across Tucson will be providing free rapid HIV testing from now until March 20.
All of the locations are offering the OraQuick ADVANCE rapid HIV test as part of National Women and Girls HIV/AID Awareness Day, on March 10, and National Native HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, on March 20. The test uses an oral swab and results are available in 20 minutes.
Free testing is available at the following locations and times:
• Tuesday: 1-4 p.m., Quincie Douglas Neighborhood Center, 1575 E. 36th St.
• Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Armory Park Senior Center, 220 S. Fifth Ave.
• Friday: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., El Pueblo Neighborhood Clinic, 101 W. Irvington Road
• Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Wingspan, 425 E. Seventh St.
• March 17: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Archer Neighborhood Center, 1665 S. La Cholla Blvd.
• March 18: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Northwest Neighborhood Center, 2160 N. Sixth Ave.