The Arizona Republic
At least 12 illegal immigrants have been found dead or dying in the southern Arizona desert since Friday, including the five found Sunday.
• Friday, Pima County sheriff’s deputies found a badly decomposed body near Amado, 40 miles south of Tucson, said Deputy Dawn Barkman, a sheriff’s spokeswoman. The person’s sex could not be determined.
• Friday, Border Patrol agents from the Tucson sector found the body of an illegal immigrant east of Naco, said Tucson sector spokesman Andy Adame.
• Saturday morning, Yuma sector agents found a woman in severe distress who had illegally crossed the border with her husband. She died yesterday at a Yuma hospital, supervisory Agent Joe Brigman said.
• Sunday, Yuma sector agents found the body of an illegal immigrant on the Barry Goldwater Air Force Range. Another migrant from the group of 16 died yesterday morning, Brigman said.
• Sunday, a rancher called the Border Patrol after finding the body of an illegal immigrant near Sonoita, 48 miles southeast of Tucson, Adame said.
• Sunday, Pima County deputies found a body near Sonoita, Barkman said.
• 118 illegal immigrants have died in southern Arizona since Oct. 1, compared with 127 during the same period last year, according to the Border Patrol. – The Arizona Republic