Get help to avoid foreclosure at workshops on July 23by Pima County News on Jul. 18, 2011, under Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation, Pima County, Tucson
Pima County, Arizona – Homeowners worried about losing their homes are invited to Foreclosure Prevention Workshops on Saturday, July 23, at the El Rio Neighborhood Center, 1390 W. Speedway Blvd.
Pima County is one of the sponsors of the workshops along with the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, Don’t Borrow Trouble® Pima County, the City of Tucson, Fannie Mae and the Southwest Fair Housing Council.
Housing counselors will be available to provide one-on-one consultations to homeowners. The workshops and counseling will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., with registration at 8 a.m.
Advance registration is recommended. Call (800)300-7868 or (520)624-2947 to register.
Homeowners are asked to bring the following documents:
- Two current pay stubs
- 2010 tax return, including W-2
- Homeowners insurance policy
- Two months of bank statements
- A list of monthly expenses
- A utility bill
- Most recent mortgage statement and any related correspondence
- Hardship letter (in homeowner’s own words)
The Pima County Housing Center and its partners:
- Help homeowners with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention or recovery.
- Assist individuals and families who have been victims of fraud and rescue scams.
- Help individuals obtain emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
- Provide access to resources, information, counseling, classes, computers, and workshops to help Pima County residents purchase, repair and make their homes more energy efficient; find affordable rentals; improve their credit; and save and manage their money.
For more information about housing assistance in Pima County, call the Housing Center at 624-2947 or stop by between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.