Donate online to Pima Animal Care Center to help abused animals, provide discounts for difficult-to-adopt petsby Pima County News on Feb. 07, 2012, under Pima Animal Care Center, Pima County, Southern Arizona, Tucson
Pima County, Ariz. (Feb. 7, 2012) – Beginning Feb. 7, Pima Animal Care Center (PACC) can accept donations online. To make a donation, go to: http://www.pimaanimalcare.org/donateinfo.asp
Making your donation online makes it easier to determine how you’d like your donation to be used by the animal care agency. Donations can be earmarked for a variety of uses. They can help PACC provide discounted adoptions for animals difficult to adopt. They can also help pay for spay and neuter procedures.
Here’s how donations to the various PACC funds can be used:
- Spay/Neuter: Help reduce pet overpopulation.
- Medical: Pay for treatment and support for PACC animals that have suffered physical and mental abuse.
- Adoption: Provide special discounts for people who adopt difficult-to-place pets.
- General: Help staff provide advanced disease-control measures. Pay for amenities to comfort the animals.
- Outreach and Education: Donations are the sole source of funding for supplies and materials for outreach at local schools.
“We are regularly asked if donations can be made online. Up until this point this service has not been available. Now it is. Staff is excited to make this easy payment option available to pet owners and others in Pima County,” Said PACC Manager Kim Janes.
Please consider making a gift for a birthday, anniversary or in remembrance of the death of a loved one or a pet. If you have questions about donating online, call the Pima Animal Care Licensing Department in Tucson at (520) 243-5969.