Learn about affordable home ownership program on February 22by Pima County News on Feb. 17, 2012, under Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation, Housing, Pima County, Tucson
Are you interested in buying a remodeled, energy-efficient home in Pima County but don’t think you can afford it?
The Pima County Community Land Trust can help you buy a home:
- For only $1,500 out of pocket.
- Even if you earn as little as half the area median income.
- With financial assistance that reduces your mortgage to 80 percent of the home’s appraised value.
- And contain your monthly housing costs, including utilities, to 35 percent or less of your monthly gross income.
Find out more about the Pima County Community Land Trust at an information session on Wednesday, Feb. 22, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress St.
The Community Land Trust is also inviting the public to attend its Open House Tour of homes on Saturday, Feb. 25, from 1 to 5 p.m.
To reserve a seat at the Feb. 22 information session or to get more information, contact Maggie Tellez at (520) 837-5340 or at Maggie.Tellez@tucsonaz.gov, or visit www.pimacountycommunitylandtrust.org.
The Housing Center was established in 2011 to give Pima County residents one convenient location where they can get help to rent, buy, improve and hold onto their homes.
The Housing Center and its partners can:
- Help homeowners with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention or recovery.
- Assist individuals and families who have been victims of fraud and rescue scams.
- Help individuals obtain emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
- Provide access to resources, information, counseling, classes, computers, and workshops to help Pima County residents purchase, repair and make their homes more energy efficient; find affordable rentals; improve their credit; and save and manage their money.
For more information, call the Pima County Housing Center at 624-2947 or stop by between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.