Repairs, improvements planned at Pima County community centers, park buildingsby Pima County News on Sep. 27, 2012, under Facilities Management, Parks & Recreation, Pima County, Southern Arizona, Tucson
Nine of Pima County’s community centers and park buildings will be getting some repairs, improvements and general sprucing up, thanks to $1.5 million budgeted by the Board of Supervisors.
Repairs and improvements will be carried out at:
- Catalina Recreation Center
- Picture Rocks Community Center
- Ajo Community Center
- Drexel Heights Community Center
- Continental Community Center
- Agua Caliente Bunkhouse
- Robles Junction Community Center
- Thomas Jay (Littletown) Recreation Center
- Ellie Towne Flowing Wells Community Center
Pima County Facilities Management conducted a comprehensive review of all the County’s community centers with the Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Department to compile the list of recommended improvements.
The repairs and improvements range from adding two disabled-designated parking places at Continental Community Center to the installation of energy-efficient lighting at four of the centers and include, at various centers:
- Conversion from evaporative cooling to air conditioning
- Roof, ceiling, and floor repairs
- Restroom repairs and renovation
- Security lighting and new fire alarms
- Interior and exterior repainting
- New exterior signage
- Cracksealing and recoating parking lots, drives and walking paths
The work is expected to be completed by July 1, 2013.
Form more information about Pima County community centers, please visit http://www.pima.gov/nrpr/centers/index.htm.
Keep up with Pima County on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pimacountyarizona.