Celebrate, learn about housing opportunities on Oct. 20by Pima County News on Oct. 03, 2012, under Community Development & Neighborhood Conservation, Housing, Pima County, Southern Arizona, Tucson
Celebrate Housing America Community Day on Saturday, Oct. 20, and talk to local housing experts who can help you find a home to buy or rent, qualify for a mortgage or financial assistance, or improve or hold onto the home you have.
The free event is 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress.
Attend workshops and get information about:
- Home ownership programs
- Affordable rental programs
- Refinancing and foreclosure prevention
- Home repair and weatherization
- Budgeting and improving your credit
More than 20 exhibitors are participating.
Bring your whole family. Meet McGruff the Crime Dog and Tucson Water’s Pete the Beak. Kids can get free bike repairs and ID kits.
Enjoy free refreshments, entertainment, including Las Aguilitas from Davis Bilingual Magnet School, and raffle prizes.
Please see the attached flyers in English and Spanish.
The Pima County Housing Center and its partners:
- Provide resources, information, counseling, classes, computers, and workshops to help first-time homebuyers and other Pima County residents purchase, repair and make their homes more energy efficient; find affordable rentals; improve their credit; and save and manage their money.
- Help homeowners with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention or recovery.
- Assist individuals and families who have been victims of fraud and rescue scams.
- Help individuals obtain emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
For more information, call the Housing Center at 624-2947 or stop by between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Keep up with Pima County and the Housing Center on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pimacountyarizona.