Register for Laps for Literacy Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, Feb. 16, at Reid Parkby Pima County News on Feb. 04, 2013, under Pima County, Public Library, Southern Arizona, Tucson, youth
Help put books into the hands of children who have none. Register now for Laps for Literacy 5K fun run/walk on Saturday, Feb. 16, at Reid Park.
Proceeds from the fun run/walk benefit MAKE WAY FOR BOOKS, the annual Pima County Public Library Story Town event and other literacy-related programs. The fun run/walk is sponsored by Altrusa International Inc. of Tucson Foundation.
When: Saturday, Feb. 16
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Registration and Check In
- 8:30 a.m. Special Guests/Warm Up
- 9 a.m. Fun Run/Walk Begins
- 9:30-11 a.m. Awards/Entertainment
Where: Reid Park Bandshell, 1030 S. Randolph Way (map and directions)
Registration Fee: Age 12 and over - $15; Under 12 – Free
Ways to participate:
1. Share this with your friends, family, or co-workers; and get them to donate to your walk.
2. Ask your friends, family, and co-workers to walk and donate.
3. Form a team and get everyone to walk and donate.
About Pima County Public Library
The Pima County Public Library (PCPL), which is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, enriches lives and builds community through opportunities to learn, know, interact and grow. With 27 public libraries serving Tucson and the surrounding communities of Arivaca, Green Valley, Sahuarita, South Tucson, Ajo, Marana, Oro Valley and Catalina, PCPL provides a wide range of free services that contribute to the economic development of the community. For more information, visit www.library.pima.gov.