Military veterans: Learn about Pima County employment opportunities at free Sept. 24 workshopby Pima County News on Sep. 18, 2013, under Economic Development, Pima County, Southern Arizona, Veterans
Representatives from the Pima County Human Resources Department and the Pima County Sheriff’s Department will be on hand to present current job openings and share how to successfully navigate the hiring process.
The Pima County Public Library will share information about their project for entrepreneurs, while Goodwill Industries will share job openings and recruitment information for their On the Job Training Opportunities for Veterans.
The presentations begin at 8:30 a.m.
Following the presentations, Veterans may stay to participate in a computerized session designed to examine and discuss their transferable skills from military experiences in relation to new career choices.
To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Career Exploration for Veterans workshops are held every other Tuesday at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center. For more information, please visit the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center online.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center last year to help military Veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire Veterans.
Among the assistance The Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center offers:
- Peer support, drop-in and welcome
- Career counseling and job search assistance
- Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
- Skill and aptitude assessments
- Computer labs and office equipment
- Behavioral health services and recovery
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education, tutoring and study skills
- Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability