There are many ways that community members can help us in our mission to reduce the numbers of homeless animals and help those in our shelters have a second chance at finding a loving household.
- Consider a rescue pet when it’s time to add a pet to your household. Many of our pets are perfectly healthy, well-socialized animals whose owners might have underestimated the responsibility that comes with owning a pet, or experienced life changes that prevented them from caring for their pet. Not only will you help save a life, but you’ll get a great bargain on a new pet that will be spayed or neutered and will go home with a rabies shot, a microchip and a license.
- License your pet. It’s the law. But it’s also the best way to make sure we can reunite you with your pets if they get lost.
- Donate. Supplying food, medical assistance, staff time, gasoline, utilities and other services costs an average of $17 per animal per day. Donations are accepted online for your convenience and you may designate your donation to help us with specific needs, such as spay/neuter services, adoptions, or community outreach.
- Volunteer. We couldn’t offer the services we do without the dedicated volunteers who assist families in finding the right pet and help our animals get exercise and socialization. We have 45-minute Open Houses coming up Thursday, April 25, and Saturday, April 27, where you will get all the information you need on how you can help animals in this community. For more information, call 243-5920.
- Share the word about Pima Animal Care Center. If you have friends or family members looking for a new pet, send them to our adoption center,4000 N. Silverbell Road, to see if we have the right addition to their household.