Head to the University of Arizona Recreation Center pool on Saturday, April 28, to learn how to stay safe while having fun in the sun and the water this summer.
This free Summer Sun, Safe Fun 2012 event for the entire family runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the center at 1400 E. Sixth St.
The Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation Department is partnering with UA Campus Recreation, the UA Cancer Center’s Skin Cancer Institute, American Red Cross, Tucson Fire Department, Tucson Parks and Recreation and the YMCA of Southern Arizona to present the event.
- Learn about sunscreen and how to keep your skin safe outdoors.
- Find out about Tucson-area swim lessons and lifeguard classes.
- Watch CPR demonstrations, and see a Tucson fire truck up close.
- Bring your swimsuit and towel and learn how to play safe in the water and how to rescue others while staying safe yourself in backyard pools.
- Enjoy refreshments; get free giveaways; and win great raffle prizes.
For more information, call 621-8718 or visit www.campusrec.arizona.edu/safefun.
For general information about Pima County pools, swimming lessons and lifeguard classes, go to www.pima.gov/nrpr/pools/index.htm.