Celebrate Housing America Community Day on Saturday, Oct. 20, and talk to local housing experts who can help you find a home to buy or rent, qualify for a mortgage or financial assistance, or improve or hold onto the home you have.
The free event is 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Pima County Housing Center, 801 W. Congress.
Over 20 exhibitors are participating in the housing fair.
Bring your whole family. Meet McGruff the Crime Dog and Tucson Water’s Pete the Beak. Kids can get free bike repairs and ID kits; a big fire truck will be on site.
Enjoy free refreshments and entertainment (music by Mariachi’s Las Aguilitas from Davis Bilingual Magnet School and Inspiracion de Tucson). Spin the wheel and enter the raffle to win big prizes.
The workshop schedule is:
- 10-10:45 a.m. – Credit Repair
- 10-10:45 a.m. – Home Affordable Refinance Program (HARP 2.0)
- 11-11:45 a.m. – Home Ownership Programs
- 11-11:45 a.m. – Save Our Home AZ – AZ Department of Housing
- Noon-12:45 p.m. – Affordable Rental Programs
- Noon-12:45 p.m. – Independent Foreclosure Review (Were you denied a loan modification?)
- 1-1:45 p.m. – Credit Repair
- 1-1:45 p.m. – Home Preservation/Foreclosure Prevention/ Refinance Program Q&A Panel
Home repair/weatherization demonstration workshops will be ongoing during the event.
Please see the attached flyers in English and Spanish.
The Pima County Housing Center and its partners:
- Provide resources, information, counseling, classes, computers, and workshops to help first-time homebuyers and other Pima County residents purchase, repair and make their homes more energy efficient; find affordable rentals; improve their credit; and save and manage their money.
- Help homeowners with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention or recovery.
- Assist individuals and families who have been victims of fraud and rescue scams.
- Help individuals obtain emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
For more information, call the Housing Center at 624-2947 or stop by between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Keep up with Pima County and the Housing Center on Facebook at www.facebook.com/pimacountyarizona.