Learn about a behavioral health system training opportunity at free July 9 workshop at Kino Veterans’ Workforce CenterFriday, July 5th, 2013
Find out how to become a Peer or Recovery Support Specialist at the free career workshop on Tuesday, July 9, at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center, 2801 E. Ajo Way.
The workshop will include a presentation on “Tactics for Navigating Job Search Frustration” to provide coping strategies for veterans to remain focused, positive and persistent while in employment search.
In the afternoon, the workshop will also assist veterans in assessing how skills learned or developed in military service transfer to civilian career choices.
The workshop is from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. To sign up or obtain more information, please call (520) 740-4646 or (520) 243-6700.
Career Exploration for Veterans workshops are held every other Tuesday at the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center. Visit http://www.pima.gov/ced/employment-training.shtml#Resources for information about upcoming workshops.
Pima County One-Stop Career Center opened the Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center last year to help military veterans find jobs and get training, benefits and support services; and to help employers hire veterans.
One-Stop’s partners in the Center include the U.S. Departments of Labor, Defense and Veterans Affairs; the Arizona Departments of Veterans Services and Economic Security; Pima Community College; Community Partnership of Southern Arizona and Rally Point; CODAC/Comin’ Home; Tucson Veterans Serving Veterans; Salvation Army; Old Pueblo Community Services; Primavera Foundation; the Arizona Veterans Commission; SER Jobs for Progress; and local employers.
The Kino Veterans’ Workforce Center offers:
- Peer support, drop-in and welcome
- Career counseling and job search assistance
- Help with resumes, interview and phone techniques
- Skill and aptitude assessments
- Computer labs and office equipment
- Behavioral health services and recovery
- Benefits counseling and claims assistance – education, medical care, disability
- Assistance with housing and other basic needs during transition to employment
- Occupational skills training
- Adult education, tutoring and study skills
- Business recruitment and workforce training assistance