Pima County, Arizona – Celebrate Housing America Community Day on Saturday, Oct. 22, and meet housing professionals who can help you find a home to buy or rent, qualify for financial assistance, and improve or hold onto your home.
Come to the open house from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Housing Center, 801 W. Congress.
Workshops will include how to:
- Reduce your energy “wasteline”
- Update and “green” your historic home
- Budget and repair your credit
- Avoid scams, fraud and foreclosure.
More than 20 exhibitors will have information and guidance on affordable rental and homeowner opportunities, health care, legal aid and energy conservation.
Meet McGruff the Crime Dog and Tucson Water’s Pete the Beak. Kids can get fingerprinted for free. Get a look at the GROUPE Car Club lowrider bike and custom bike show.
Help members of the Menlo Park Neighborhood Association install water-harvesting earthworks and plant trees next door at Casa Linda, 17 N. Linda Ave.
The Pima County Housing Center and its partners:
- Provide resources, information, counseling, classes, computers, and workshops to help first-time homebuyers and other Pima County residents purchase, repair and make their homes more energy efficient; find affordable rentals; improve their credit; and save and manage their money.
- Help homeowners with mortgage modification and foreclosure prevention or recovery.
- Assist individuals and families who have been victims of fraud and rescue scams.
- Help individuals obtain emergency rent, mortgage and utility assistance.
Call the Housing Center at 624-2947 or stop by between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.