The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen Opens Jan. 1 Featuring ‘Hunting, Fishing & Ski Lodge’ Favoritesby Hot Off The Press (Release) on Jan. 17, 2013, under Press Releases
Chef Aaron May delivers a new gem to the Tucson dining scene on New Year’s Day: The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen, serving up American comfort food — mouthwatering favorites and memorable cocktails – beckoning fans to enjoy his latest culinary adventure.
The Lodge opens after a major renovation to the space (formerly My Big Fat Greek Restaurant) at Ina Road and La Cholla Boulevard. Among physical embellishments is locally sourced timber used throughout the interiors, framing a picture-perfect setting to enjoy decadent classic dishes.
The 6,500-square-foot restaurant serves up a tempting menu by Arizona’s own Chef May, featuring favorites reminiscent of hunting, fishing and ski lodges. A vast selection of flavorful cocktails and handpicked draft beers compliments the comfort food, creating a place to sit back, have a drink and grab a (delicious) bite to eat.
Guests will enjoy home-cooked classics from The Lodge’s outdoor inspired menu, which refers to appetizers as “Trailhead” options. Salads are referred to as “Shrubbery.” Burgers and sandwiches are “Two Paws” for two-fisted eating; “Fin & Farm” highlights selections from pork and beef, to fish and chicken. The simple fare packs massive flavor to “feed our inner Sasquatch.”
In addition, happy hour seven days a week offers half-price appetizers; and 40 HD TVs will showcase a plethora of sporting events and more.
A sampling of The Lodge’s menu includes:
· Smoked Chicken Nachos: Lodge-made five cheese sauce, black beans, jalapeños, avocado, pico de gallo, and sour cream;
· Lodge Burger: Applewood smoked bacon, fried onion strings, and a choice of cheese (If you know Chef Aaron May’s burgers, this is a must have!);
· Sasquatch: All the greatness that is the Lodge burger, but served inside a grilled cheese sandwich;
· Beer Braided Brat: Wisconsin Johnsonville bratwurst with charred onions and spicy mustard on a poppy seed bun;
· Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus: Bambi Cut 12 oz or Sasquatch 18 oz.;
· Famous Fried Walleye: the Wisconsin Friday tradition comes home. Salt/vinegar fries, coleslaw, tartar sauce.
About The Lodge Sasquatch Kitchen. The Lodge offers high quality comfort fare amid Tucson’s culinary scene. The name is inspired by Chef Aaron May’s handcrafted menu itself, featuring classic comfort foods reminiscent of hunting, fishing and ski lodges. The Lodge also serves up an exceptional cocktails and a selection of draft beers to complement the menu. The Lodge is open daily, 11am-2am, and joins May’s Counter, at 2945 East Speedway Blvd., another restaurant concept delivered by Lettuce Turnip Beets (LTB) Restaurants. For more information, visit www.lettuceturnipbeets.com.