Kerri Strug, Tucson’s Olympic Gold Medalist, Celebrates National Gymnastics Dayby Hot Off The Press (Release) on Sep. 06, 2013, under Press Releases
Kerri Strug, Tucson’s Gold Medal Olympian, Joins Old Pueblo Gymnastics Academy for National Gymnastics Day (www.oldpueblogymnastics.com), 7670 E. Wrightstown Road in Tucson on Saturday, September 21st from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
Below is a list of the event’s activities: (arrive early as space is limited!)
· 1:30pm Doors Open
· 1:30 – 2:30 Open Gym (free play for kids ages 18 months – 10 years old)
· 1:45 – 2:00 Kerri Strug speaks followed by a Q&A
· 2:10 – 2:30 Kerri teaches a gymnastics clinic
· 2:35 – 2:45 Trapeze exhibition
· 2:35 – 2:45 Cartwheel-A-Thon fundraiser
· 2:45 – 2:55 Kids do a handstand to support National Gymnastics Day!
The event will raise funds for GaitWay, a local non-profit that helps children and adults with disabilities develop their motor skills.
- Open Gym
- $5 for age 18 months – 10 years with a free sticker (parents must sign a waiver to allow children to participate)
- Children ages 18 months to 5 years will be in the expansion gym: maximum number 15
- Kids above age 5 years will be in the main gym: maximum number 25
- The Cartwheel-A-Thon where participants will do as many cartwheels as they can in 3 minutes.
- Prizes will be given to the top two cartwheeler fund raisers and to the top two participants who do the most cartwheels
Old Pueblo Gymnastics Academyis alocally and family-ownedgymnastics facility located in Tucson, Arizona.Its mission is to encourage children to move, stretch, tumble and smile while exploring their never-ending physical potential in a safe and fun environment. Opened in 2007, Old Pueblo Gymnastics Academy works with over 850 kids each week and employs 45 staff. The 14,000 square foot facility is located at 7670 E. Wrightstown Road, Tucson, Arizona 85715and can be reached at 520.628.4355 firstname.lastname@example.org