TucsonCitizen.com has an immediate opening for a social media editor to develop, implement and oversee an aggressive social media strategy to help grow TucsonCitizen.com’s audience and to train a cadre of citizen journalists and bloggers on the use of social media. Secondary duties will include recruiting and training new citizen journalists and bloggers, writing a blog about social media trends and uses, and assisting in the site’s overall marketing and audience development strategy.
Position is part-time, 20 hours per week with flexible work hours and competitive pay.
Qualifying candidates should have:
• A background in the institutional use (not necessarily personal use) of existing social media, including Facebook and Twitter, and knowledge of emerging social media programs;
• Intermediate technical background in software programs used to create varied online content;
• Intermediate abilities in web programming;
• Intermediate to advanced photography skills and intermediate videgoraphy and video editing abilities;
• A background in journalism or news publishing
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Strong social skills
To apply, send a one-page cover letter, resumé and samples of your work or links to your work that you think demonstrates any or all of the above to Mark B. Evans, Editor/Administrator TucsonCitizen.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.