For the 15th year, residents can recycle their Christmas trees in the City of Tucson’s TreeCycle Program which continues through January 9, 2011.
TreeCycle sites are located throughout Tucson and Oro Valley. (See list below).
Since 1997, the TreeCycle program has collected and re-used more than 330,000 Christmas trees. This year, the City’s Environmental Services, Transportation and Parks and Recreation Departments will be offering residents the opportunity to take a bit of Christmas home with them.
The City of Tucson will grind Christmas trees at four locations this year: Rillito Race Track, Udall Park, Randolph Golf Course, and Rita Ranch. Bring your own container and take home some free wood chips for your garden.
Grinding hours are from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Residents must bring their own container. Please remember to remove all ornaments, decorations and tree stands before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. Remember to Tree Pool! Bring your neighbor’s tree— fewer trips means cleaner air.
The following TreeCycle sites are open during daylight hours, seven days a week unless noted:
1. Oro Valley lot, “Naranja Town Site,” 660 W. Naranja Dr.
2. Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
3. Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
4. Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
5. Pima County Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
6. Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
7. Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
8. Rita Ranch Site, 7901 S. Rita Ranch Rd. (former Cross Point Church)
9. Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
IMPORTANT: The City of Tucson will not collect Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates. No live trees are accepted.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000 or visit the ES website at http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/es/.