Tucson: A Very Special Horse Event – March 30by Karyn Zoldan on Mar. 08, 2013, under Animal Events, Horses, Hoofs, Goats, Pigs, Farm Animals
9th Annual Equine Voices Annual Fundraiser – Saturday March 30 – 11:30 am to 3:30 pm at Brandi Fenton Park, 3482 E. River Road
This event is not just for horse people. I try to go every year and it’s informative, you can pet horses which every time I do so — is magical. There is something for everyone.
If you remember the touching Clydesdale ad from the Super Bowl, a similar Clydesdale — Gulliver (a mix)– is the Equine Voices mascot; here’s his story.
- Meet special rescue horses & hear their stories
- Enjoy a live concert by the fabulous Amber Norgaard Band
- Watch training demos with rescued horses and Carol Grubb
- Watch equine acupuncture demos by Michael Hutchison DVM
- Eat food by Quesadillas and More and Stolen Recipe BBQ
- Bid on silent auction items
- Bid on live dessert auction (this is entertaining; desserts go for hundreds of dollars!)
- Take a chance to win raffles with cool prizes
–Special VIP Guest KGUN9-anchor Jennifer Waddell
–Special Guests: Animal Cruelty Task Force, the Arizona Coalition for Equine, and Southern Arizona Greyhound Adoption
For horse people – Tack sale (no saddles or harsh bits) – Tack is needed. Clean out your barn or stable.
$5 adult admission includes 1 free raffle ticket – 7 yrs and under – free admittance; sorry no dogs.
More volunteers are needed!
No horse experience required. Can you help?
Donations for the silent auction are still needed.
Please share this blog post with your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. It’s a fun day for all.
In case you missed this fabulous Super Bowl commercial featuring a Clydesdale horse — here it is.