Source: USA TODAY
We scope out the hottest books on sale the week of May 12.
1. Inferno by Dan Brown (Doubleday, fiction, on sale May 14)
What it’s about: Robert Langdon, Harvard professor of symbology, returns in this Italy-set thriller which revolves around Dante’s poetic masterpiece about hell.
The buzz: Brown fans have shown their love for Robert Langdon by making The Da Vinci Code and The Lost Symbol No. 1 USA TODAY best sellers.
2. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: The Funky Finds in Flavortown by Guy Fieri (William Morrow, non-fiction, paperback original, on sale May 14)
What it’s about: The Food Network star returns with more of his favorite “funky” places to dine across the USA.
The buzz: Fieri’s two previous Diners titles were hits with food lovers.
3. The Outsider by Jimmy Connors (Harper, non-fiction, on sale May 14)
What it’s about: Memoir by one of the bad boy of tennis, who won eight Grand Slam singles titles.
The buzz: Connors’ book already has made headlines for revelations about his relationships with former fiancé Chris Evert and his wife, Patti.
4. Little Green by Walter Mosley (Doubleday, fiction, on sale May 14)
What it’s about: Easy Rawlins, last seen drunkenly driving off a cliff in 2007′s Blonde Faith, survived and is back to investigate a disappearance on the Sunset Strip.
The buzz: Since it launched in 1990 with Devil in a Blue Dress, the Easy Rawlins series has garnered many fans, including, most famously, Bill Clinton.
5. The Feud: The Hatfields & McCoys: The True Story by Dean King (Little, Brown, non-fiction, on sale May 14)
What it’s about: An in-depth look at the infamous, bloody feud between two warring families in Appalachia that began with the Civil War.
The buzz: Comes on the heels of last year’s popular History Channel miniseries starring Kevin Costner and Bill Paxton.