New Marine Corps League Announcementby Michael Patrick Brewer on Jan. 28, 2010, under Veteran Legislative Update, Veteran Pals, Veterans Benefits, Veterans Global, Veterans' Spouses, Partners & Families
From: Marana Marines
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:25:59 -0800
Subject: Press Release – Marana Detachment Marine Corps League
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 26, 2010
We are proud to announce the Charter has been approved of the Marana Nighthawk 72 Detachment #1344 of the Marine Corps League.
The presentation of the Charter will be held at the Marana Municipal Complex, Mayor and Council Chambers at 7:00 PM on February 19th 2010.
Former and current Marines and Navy Corpsmen who served with the United States Fleet Marine Force of any rank are invited to be the pioneers of the Marana Nighthawk 72 Detachment Marine Corps League. We will conduct regular open meetings monthly for the purpose of:
• Providing the community with uniformed color guard services for special community events and services.
• Engaging in, participate in and promote community service projects within Marana Township.
• Offering assistance and promote Marine Corps values to local residents who are considering a career in the United States Marine Corps.
• Establishing an annual Marine Corps Ball for former Marines residing in the Marana
Additionally, the detachment will adhere to the goals set forth by the Marine Corps League National Headquarters.
• To preserve the traditions, promote the interest and perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps.
• To band together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps, eligible
FMF Corpsmen and those who have been honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps, together in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy.
• To help fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve ably as citizens as they have served our nation under arms.
• To hold sacred the memory and history of the men and women who have given their lives to the Nation.
• To foster love for the principles which they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
• To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and FMF Corpsmen, uniformed and civilian, as well as their widows and orphans.
• To create a bond of comradeship between those in the service and those who have returned to civilian life.
• To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of peculiar interest to Marines.
All Marines and Navy Corpsman, past and present, are encouraged to become part of the Marana Nighthawk 72 Detachment Marine Corps League. Any eligible individual who is interested in becoming a member of the Marana Nighthawk 72 Detachment Marine Corps League should contact Don LaVetter (520) 623-7471 or email MaranaMarines@hotmail.com
Additional information contact: Don LaVetter (520) 623-7471 MaranaMarines@hotmail.com