Arizona football: A look at second-year players ready to contributeby Brad Allis on Feb. 11, 2011, under Sports
Although the Arizona Wildcats football team is still basking in the glow of the 2011 recruiting class, it is the 2010 class that is preparing for its first spring practice. A number of 2010 signees enter the 2011 season with chances to make an impact.
- Marquis Flowers – Should compete for a starting safety spot
- Cam Allerheiligen – If Matt Scott redshirts he will probably be the third-string quarterback.
- Mickey Baucus – Should be in the mix for one of the starting tackle spots.
- Fabbians Ebbele – Like Baucus, will likely compete for a starting tackle spot.
- Chase Gorham – Already the starting long snapper.
- Austin Hill – In the mix at the crowded outside receiver spot.
- Carter Lees – Could compete for a starting guard spot with a strong spring.
- Kirifi Taula – May get a shot at defensive tackle.
- Jonathan McKnight – Will battle for a starting cornerback spot. Will see the field in 2011.
- Dan Pettinato – Should be in the defensive end equation.
- Shaquille Richardson – Will battle for a starting cornerback spot. Will see the field in 2011.
- Trent Spurgeon – Will be in the mix at tackle.
- Tyler Slavin – In the mix at the crowded outside receiver spot.