Tucson CitizenTucson Citizen

Electrical problem smokes out Gridley kitchen staff; no injuries

Kitchen staff at Gridley Middle School, 350 S. Harrison Road, was evacuated Wednesday morning when an electrical problem filled the area with smoke.

No one was injured. The evacuation was limited to just the kitchen staff.

Lunchtime for the 705 students at Gridley was delayed as more food had to be prepared.

Citizen Online Archive, 2006-2009

This archive contains all the stories that appeared on the Tucson Citizen's website from mid-2006 to June 1, 2009.

In 2010, a power surge fried a server that contained all of videos linked to dozens of stories in this archive. Also, a server that contained all of the databases for dozens of stories was accidentally erased, so all of those links are broken as well. However, all of the text and photos that accompanied some stories have been preserved.

For all of the stories that were archived by the Tucson Citizen newspaper's library in a digital archive between 1993 and 2009, go to Morgue Part 2

Search site | Terms of service