Scoping out that dream career? Reach for the starsby Dana Hunsinger on Oct. 03, 2008, under Edge
I had just trashed a stack of papers on careers and astrology – a hodgepodge of research on what signs should have what careers.
As I sat down to check my e-mail, things started getting mystic. Staring back at me in black and white: “Sagittarians are likely to be in the field of writing.” That’s me! I’m a Sagittarius, and I write.
Needless to say, I swiftly snatched the papers out of the trash and this column on signs and careers was born.
• Aquarius: Humanitarians. Love fast-paced work and challenges. They are in sales, military, engineering, mechanics and food preparation and should be inventors.
• Pisces: Feel things more intensely than most. Need accomplishment. They are in social work, personal care and information technology. They should be psychologists.
• Aries: Competitive. Not comfortable in a subordinate role. They are in government, construction, recreation, IT, education and transportation. They should be firefighters.
• Taurus: The worker bee. Reliable, loyal, patient and determined. They are in nursing, engineering, law, marketing and higher education. They should be bankers.
• Gemini: Great communicators and facilitators. Turn out new ideas every day. They are in design, nursing, sales and law enforcement. They should be publicists.
• Cancer: Often mistaken as underachievers because they work in a low-key manner. They are in government, legal services, advertising, higher education, machine operation and transportation. They should be doctors.
• Leo: Love being the center of attention. Focused. Risk-takers. They work in government, legal services, design, engineering, entertainment and real estate. They should be managers.
• Virgo: Love to analyze. Set practical and achievable goals. Highly organized. They are in social work, sales, hotel/ recreation, writing and food preparation. They should be chemists.
• Libra: Have a sense of justice and fair play. Are the zodiac’s schmoozers. They are in social work, government, advertising, machine operation, law enforcement, firefighting and sales. They should be judges.
• Scorpio: Love to create, solve and manage. Strong-willed. When it comes to deals, they go for the kill. They work in legal services, engineering, science, education, construction and skilled trades. They should be investigators.
• Sagittarius: Hardworking and passionate. Like to have fun on the job. Somehow can convince just about anyone that their way is the way to go. They are in writing, marketing, entertainment, hotel/recreation, IT and military. They should be explorers.
• Capricorn: Workhorses. Practical, conservative and utterly responsible. They are in design, nursing, science, IT, sales, farming and food preparation. They should be administrators.