Don’t pour that Thanksgiving dinner grease down the drain: It could really clog up your holiday.
Instead, recycle the messy stuff because it can be turned into biodiesel.
The Pima County Department of Environmental Quality is holding the fourth annual day-after-Thanksgiving grease recycling event Friday at six locations.
Grease collected will be given to Grecycle, a Tucson-based organization that promotes turning such waste into biodiesel fuel.
A total of 2,800 pounds of grease were collected last year.
PDEQ officials credit the four-year program with helping reduce incidences of sewer blockages created by grease coagulating in underground lines.
Collection centers will be open from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Friday at:
• O’Rielly Chevrolet, 6160 E. Broadway
• Pima County Industrial Waste Control, 5025 E. Ina Road
• El Hogar de la Paz Alternative Learning Center, 450 E. Wetmore Road
• Pima County Conveyance Division, 3390 N. Richey Road
• City of Tucson Water Plant No. 2, 1102 E. Irvington Road
• Shell Super Stop, 795 W. Via Rancho Sahuarita